People back at the Micromax users group on facebook found out that the phone was actually sold under different names in different countries. One such company (OEM) is Mobistel which sells this phone in germany. This company has today finally released a JellyBean 4.1.1 update for their cynus t2 (same as Micromax A110). since both the phone are completely same the update provided for it works on the canvas 2 with minute changes. This has been confirmed by quite a few people in the above mentioned group.
EDIT : Quite a few people have reported to have had problems with the Sim cards not being detected and not being able to root their phone. We just decided to make a modified ROM which can be flashed via ClockworkMod recovery while on any rom (ICS/JB). Follow the guide over here to get ClockworkMod recovery for your micromax A110. – Link
Do you want to install clockwork mod ? [NEW] : Link
Here is a quick tutorial to update :
[attention]Since this update is NOT provided by Micormax, your warranty would be void by flashing it[/attention]
1. Make sure you have ClockworkMod recovery, if not follow this guide : ClockworkMod recovery for your micromax A110
Additional features :
network problem fixed (modem.img from micromax rom)
Changed Bootanimation to Micromax bootanimation
3. Turn off your phone.
4. Hold power button + Volume up + Volume Down, until the phone brightens up. You will reach a screen where you need to use volume up key to enter recovery mode.
5. Once you’re into the recovery, use volume up and volume down keys to navigate to “Install zip from sdcard” and choose the file that you downloaded and transferred to the root of your sdcard. select and let the process begin.
6. Once flashing is done, Wipe data, cache and dalvik cache.
7. Reboot your phone. Grab a cup of coffee/beer, initial reboot would take around 10mins.
Thats it, you now have a pre rooted JellyBean running on your Micormax A110 Canvas 2. Both SIMs would work without any fixes.