India is yet to receive the official Kitkat 4.4 OTA update for the Moto G which was only released last week in collaboration with Flipkart. Our sources confirm that the update will roll out in a few days and Motorola is working all out to push the update as soon as possible.
The other Asian countries where the Moto G was launched earlier have received the official update, India has been put on hold for now. If you’re itching to try out KitKat on your Moto G, You can download the OTA update manually and flash it. THIS WILL NOT VOID YOUR WARRANTY!
For everyone who cannot wait, here is a quick instruction on how to update Moto G Dual Sim XT1033 to Android KitKat 4.4
- Download the OTA update from here – Dropbox | Dev-Host
- Copy the downloaded file to the root of the SD card.
- Restart your phone it will now prompt your for a update, Click on update!
If your phone does not automatically ask for update on reboot, then follow these additional steps :
Switch off your phone, Press Volume Down (Press this first) and Power Button for 3 to 5 seconds
- Navigate to Recovery.
- Select update from SDCARD option
- Select .Zip which you downloaded and place in your phone
4. Wait for 5-10mins until the updating process is over.
5. Restart your phone.. You have got Kitkat!
Hooray! Now you have your Moto G running Android KitKat 4.4. If you think this is a awesome tutorial share it with your friends who have Moto G, let them enjoy the awesomeness of Android KitKat 4.4
These guys on XDA deserve a thanks!