Till the last generation of iPad, the mini and the larger iPads were very distinctive. But now, they feel more or less almost the same and the most commonly asked question by people to me is, which iPad they should get.
Coming to the internal hardware, it is pretty much the same for both the iPad mini retina and the iPad Air. So, other than the form factor and the display there is nothing much to compare here which has been causing all the confusion. The iPad Air has been a hit since its release in the US, but in India but has been the opposite where the iPad mini with retina has been favoured by people. Let us check which one is right for you:
Who should get the iPad Air?
- If you want to replace your laptop with an iPad.
- If you do a lot of your work placing it on the table or you lap.
- If you do a lot of productivity work.
- If you are using it for drawing, etc.
- You want to use it for editing photos, videos, etc.
Who should get the Retina iPad Mini?
- If you do a lot of one handed using.
- You game a lot.
- You read a lot of books.
- You use it on you bed.
Considering all these points, it is still not easy to come to a decision. My recommendation would be to drop by at the store and use them both first. Get a feel of them and try to analyse which one suits you better.
Happy shopping. Just make sure to get the right iPad for Christmas.