Motorola promised quick updates and undoubtedly they have kept up their words, the soak test for Android 5.0.2 Lollipop has begun and many testers have got the update. The build is stable and normal users will soon receive it Over-the-Air but if you are already tired of waiting then follow the simple steps on how to update Moto G 2013 XT 1033 to Android Lollipop 5.0.2.
It is the official, stock update from Motorola & hence your warranty remains intact.
- Check if you are on Official stock Android 4.4.4 KITKAT (System Version 210.12.40.falcon_umtsds.AsiaRetail.en.03)
- Download the update file from here (Mirror) and put in the root of your internal storage.
- Make sure the file is named as “Blur_Version.220.21.28.falcon_umtsds.AsiaRetail.e n.03.zip” , if not rename it. Once you have done, go to Settings > About > System Updates and you will be prompted to proceed.
- Go to boot loader mode, choose recovery option. Once in recovery option, you’ll see NOTHING. Don’t worry, press the power button and press the Volume + until you get “apply update from SD Card”, hit the power button to select it and your phone will start the update process.
Your phone will reboot and you will be on Android 5.0.2 Lollipop.
Either perform a factory data rest or clear cache from recovery mode as explained below to make sure your phone doesn’t lag or face bugs.
- Press and hold Power and Volume down buttons simultaneously for few seconds & let go.
- You should now be in the boot loader menu.
- Tap Volume Down repeatedly until you see Recovery in the arrow. Then tap the Volume UP button.
- Then you will see an android mascot with a red triangle and exclamation mark.
- Now hold Power button for 5 Seconds & tap Volume Up once before releasing the Power button.
- You will now be in recovery menu.
- Tap Volume Down until you reach the option to erase/wipe the cache partition and select it.
- Wait for a while, it takes some time and then reboot your device.